When in class or Open Lab, please:
- Be attentive. Do not use lab computers for non-course work if there are students needing assistance.
- Do not be late to arrive or early to leave.
- Do not be disruptive to others.
- Do not eat, drink, chew gum, use chewing tobacco or read newspapers.
- Do not use cell phones. Set them to vibrate or turn them off to avoid interrupting others.
- Avoid damaging equipment and furniture.
- Do not leave computers logged in and unattended. You are responsible for any actions taken in your user account.
When using online aspects of the course or sending e-mails:
- Send e-mail from your MIX account only.
- Use a descriptive subject line. Don't reply to a previous unrelated message.
- List your name and section.
- Write in clear, concise sentences so you can easily be understood.
- Be specific. If you're writing about Homework #3, specifically say "Homework #3" in your message.
- Do not type in ALL CAPS as this is interpreted as shouting.
- Avoid dominating the conversation if in a group setting.
- Refrain from inappropriate or derogatory language or gestures.
- Abstain from personal attacks.
- Keep your grades private. It is inappropriate to discuss them in a public forum.
- Act in a professional, courteous manner.
The above actions disturb other students and are disrespectful to course staff. Violations removal from the classroom, Open Lab, or course activities.