Instructor Welcome & Contact Information

Welcome!

Welcome to Computer Science 101! We look forward to working with you this semester as we learn how to use Microsoft Office and how it can be used to support data analysis and problem solving.

It will be very important for you to be self-motivated and disciplined to ensure that you stay on top of your CS101 work. CS101 is a 4-credit hour course and has the workload similar to other 4-credit courses like Calculus. While you may not be in the classroom for 4 hours a week, it's a good idea to set aside time just like if you were. We suggest planning for at least 5 hours per week on this course, although your individual needs may vary.  If you have a question about the course, please contact me. My email address is Mohammad.Ahmad@mail.wvu.edu and I try to respond within 24 hours.

To learn and master the content, we have selected the Exploring Microsoft Office 2016, Comprehensive Editions for Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint as your textbook.  To give you practice with the material, we will give you 16 Participation Projects that will be due as the semester progresses.  To both allow you to practice and be evaluated in a practical manner with the material, we have selected Pearson's MyITLab software.  Additionally, you will be assigned 6 Homeworks, and 3 Exams.  

Please visit the Start Here page for information on how to get started and find all of the course components.

About Your Instructor

My name is Mohammad Ahmad, I am from Palestine, and have been teaching CS101 on-campus since 2014.  I have an undergraduate degree from An Najah National University in Palestine, a master's degree from Marshall University in WV, and currently working on my PhD. in Computer Science here at WVU.

I live in Morgantown, West Virginia, and i enjoy soccer, volleyball and football :D I spend most of my time in-front of the computer working on my research or grading your assignments. 

Contact Information

The best way to contact me is via email, please use your WVU MIX account and include your full name and section number.

Name: 
MJ Ahmad
Email:
Office: 
210N Armstrong Hall (Morgantown, Downtown Campus)
Office Hours:
During Open Lab in 219 Armstrong Hall : Monday 3:30PM - 5:30PM

If you wish to meet at a certain time, please email me in advance as I may have other engagements.
Proctors contact information
Section 11 proctor  
Rehm, Baily bjr0001@mix.wvu.edu

Section 13 proctors  
Duncan, Alexis ad0016@mix.wvu.edu
Courade, Chole  cmc0005@mix.wvu.edu