Instructor Welcome & Contact Information

Welcome!

Welcome to Computer Science 101! We look forward to working with you this semester as we learn how to use Microsoft Office and how it can be used to support data analysis and problem solving.

It will be very important for you to be self-motivated and disciplined to ensure that you stay on top of your CS101 work. CS101 is a 4-credit hour course and has the workload similar to other 4-credit courses like Calculus. While you may not be in the classroom for 4 hours a week, it's a good idea to set aside time just like if you were. We suggest planning for at least 5 hours per week on this course, although your individual needs may vary.  If you have a question about the course, please contact me. My email address is sowmya.devaraja@mail.wvu.edu, and I try to respond within 24 hours.

To learn and master the content, we have selected the Exploring Microsoft Office 2016 as your textbook.  To give you practice with the material, we will give you 19 Participation Projects that will be due as the semester progresses.  To both allow you to practice and be evaluated in a practical manner with the material, we have selected Pearson's MyITLab software.  Additionally, you will be assigned 6 Homeworks, and 3 Exams.  

Please visit the Start Here page for information on how to get started and find all of the course components.

About Your Instructor

I am Sowmya Devaraja. I have an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering from Visvesvaraya Technological University (India) and currently pursuing my master's degree in Electrical Engineering from West Virginia University.

In my free time you can find me out with my friends or with books. I love to explore new stuffs and travel as many countries as possible.

In case of any queries or suggestions, feel free to email me at sowmya.devaraja@mail.wvu.edu/drop by my office (210 N Armstrong)

Contact Information

The best way to contact me is via email, please use your WVU MIX account and include your full name and section number.

Name: 
Sowmya Devaraja
E-mail Address: 
sowmya.devaraja@mail.wvu.edu
Office: 
210N Armstrong Hall (Morgantown, Downtown Campus)
Office Hours:
Thursday from 3:30pm to 5:30 pm during Open Lab in 219 Armstrong Hall.

If you wish to meet at a certain time, please feel free to email me in advance as I may have other engagements.