Instructor Welcome & Contact Information

Welcome!

Welcome to Computer Science 101! We look forward to working with you this semester as we learn how to use Microsoft Office and how it can be used to support data analysis and problem solving.

It will be very important for you to be self-motivated and disciplined to ensure that you stay on top of your CS101 work. CS101 is a 4-credit hour course and has the workload similar to other 4-credit courses like Calculus. While you may not be in the classroom for 4 hours a week, it's a good idea to set aside time just like if you were. We suggest planning for at least 5 hours per week on this course, although your individual needs may vary.  If you have a question about the course, please contact me. My email address is Mohammad.Ahmad@mail.wvu.edu and I try to respond within 24 hours.

To learn and master the content, we have selected the Exploring Microsoft Office 2016, Comprehensive Editions for Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint as your textbook.  To give you practice with the material, we will give you 23 Participation Projects that will be due as the semester progresses. To both allow you to practice and be evaluated in a practical manner with the material, we have selected Pearson's MyLab IT software.  Additionally, you will be assigned 6 Homeworks, and 3 Exams.  

Please visit the Start Here page for information on how to get started and find all of the course components.

About Your Instructor

My name is Mohammad Jamil Ahmad, I go by MJ, and I am from Palestine.  I have an undergraduate degree in MIS from An Najah National University in Palestine, a master's degree in Information Systems from Marshall University in WV, and currently doing my Ph.D. in Computer Science - Software Engineering here at WVU.

I live in Morgantown, West Virginia, and i enjoy soccer, volleyball and football :D I spend most of my time in-front of the computer working on my research or grading your assignments.

TELL ME ABOUT YOUR KITTIES  🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱

Contact Information

The best way to contact me is via email, please use your WVU MIX account and include your full name and section number.

Email:
Office: 
210N Armstrong Hall (Morgantown, Downtown Campus)
Office Hours:
During Open Lab in 206 Armstrong Hall : Monday 3:30PM - 5:30PM

If you wish to meet at a certain time, please email me in advance as I may have other engagements.
Proctor information

Section CS101-10

Name
Andrea Barnhouse
Major
English
Email
ab0120@mix.wvu.edu
Section CS101-12  
Name
Delany Geib
Major
General Arts and Sciences
Email
dg0010@mix.wvu.edu