Instructor Welcome & Contact Information

Welcome!

Welcome to Computer Science 101! We look forward to working with you this semester as we learn how to use Microsoft Office and how it can be used to support data analysis and problem-solving.

It will be very important for you to be self-motivated and disciplined to ensure that you stay on top of your CS101 work. CS101 is a 4-credit hour course and has the workload similar to other 4-credit courses like Calculus. While you may not be in the classroom for 4 hours a week, it's a good idea to set aside time just like if you were. We suggest planning for at least 5 hours per week on this course, although your individual needs may vary.  If you have a question about the course, please contact me. My email address is akhil.bharthavarapu@mail.wvu.edu, and I try to respond within 24 hours.

To learn and master the content, we have selected Exploring Microsoft Office 2016 as your textbook. To provide you with practice on the course material, we will assign at least 23 Participation Projects that will be due as the semester progresses.  To both allow you to practice and be evaluated in a practical manner with the material, we have selected Pearson's MyLab IT software.  Additionally, you will be assigned six Homeworks and three Exams.  

Please visit the Start Here page for information on how to get started and find all of the course components.

About Your Instructor

My name is Sai Akhil Bharthavarapu. It's my first semester teaching CS 101.  I have an undergraduate degree in Computer Science from National Institute of Technology, Bhopal, India.

I live in Morgantown, West Virginia. I always love to watch and play Cricket. I keep myself updated with the latest technologies. Also, you guys can share some with me. I also play video games in free time.

Contact Information

The best way to contact me is via email, please use your WVU MIX account and include your full name and section number.

Name: 
Akhil Bharthavarapu
E-mail Address: 
akhil.bharthavarapu@mail.wvu.edu
Phone: 
(304) 276-9860
Office: 
210M Armstrong Hall (Morgantown, Downtown Campus)
Office Hours:
Fridays from 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM during Open Lab in 219 Armstrong Hall.

If you wish to meet at a certain time, please email me in advance as I may have other engagements.