Welcome to the website for CS101 Sections T01 and TA1. This is an online course section for students enrolled at the WVU Institute of Technology in Beckley.
You should plan to check your MIX e-mail account and visit this webpage daily to remain up-to-date on important information in the course.
New to the course?
The final HW assignment is now posted on our course webpage. Note this assignment will result in four completed files (one for each Office application we cover in this course). These need to be submitted separately, as opposed to all at once in a ZIP file.
CS101 does not use eCampus. Please be sure to check your MIX e-mail and visit the CS101 website on a daily basis.
Our online section also does not use the attendance system.
If you own a Mac, we have a virtual machine available for you to download and install so you can run Windows and Office to do your assignments in this class. Please see this Help Page for more details.
Starting this semester, we also have a second method you can use, running a Windows Virtual Desktop. Using this method, there is nothing to install locally but you must have reliable internet access while you use it. Details about this are available from this page.
Assignments in this class will be configured well ahead of time to give you plenty of time to work on them. I encourage working ahead!
- MyLab required and bonus assignments are all available from the first day of class. Due dates are available on the assignments page as well as our Section Schedule.
- Homework assignments will be made available about 2-3 weeks before they are due. Due dates will be available on the assignments page as well as our Section Schedule. Note these assignment all have a Help video associated with them, to make working through the assignment easier.
- Participation assignments are usually pretty quick assignments and will be available for only a few days. See the assignments page for these. Note these assignment all have a Help video associated with them, to make working through the assignment much easier. Due dates are not shown on the section schedule.
- Each of our three exams will be available only on the day they are shown on our Section Schedule.
You can expect to look for your grades according to these guidelines:
- I generally grade HW assignments and Exams within two days after the due date. You should see your grades and feedback posted by then.
- I will update Participation grades usually after two or three have been due. I don't give feedback on these, you will just see your grade adjusted if you did the assignment(s).
- MyLab grades are computed automatically. The course coordinator will import these into the CS101 gradebook periodically throughout the semester, usually after each assignment is due, if we have data available from the MyLab team.
- Grades and detailed feedback are posted to the CS101 View Grades page. You should review grades as soon as they are posted. Grades may be appealed within 7 calendar days of when they are posted, except for any assignments at the very end of the semester. After this time, grades are final. All grades for MyLab Bonus Projects are final and may not be appealed.