To use your own computer, you will need the following:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or Mac OS X 10.6 or newer
- Microsoft Microsoft Office 2016 Professional/Pro Plus or Microsoft Office 365
- Current version of Google Chrome (preferred), Mozilla Firefox (preferred), Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, or Apple Safari
- Adobe Acrobat Reader or another PDF viewer
- A reliable high-speed Internet connection
If you have a Mac, please be aware:
- Microsoft Office for Mac contains only Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. There is no version of Access available for Mac OS.
- Office for Mac lacks the features required to complete many assignments.
- A free virtual machine to run Microsoft Windows 10 and the Windows version of Office 365 on a Mac is available.
The CS101/CS490 website and Pearson eText are supported on Windows and Mac computers as well as iOS and Android mobile devices.
Your WVU Login account will be used to login to CS101 computers and websites. You must claim your WVU Login account before use. If you encounter problems with WVU Login, call ITS Help Desk at (304) 293-4444.
It is your responsibility to have a working WVU Login account. Failure to do so may keep you from completing required work and can impact your grade.