Welcome to the website for CS101 Section 7D1. This is an online course section.
You should plan to check your MIX e-mail account and visit this webpage daily to remain up-to-date on important information in the course.
New to the course?
Focus on Registering for MyITLab
By now, you should have purchased MyITLab and the book (either the paper copy or the electronic copy). If you haven't, please do. The materials you need are listed here: http://cs101.wvu.edu/materials/requirements/
Registration instructions are located here and our Course ID is powell84684.
Please take a look at the schedule to see what I think you should be reading and working on today. Refer to the schedule each day and try to keep up with the suggested readings.
If you own a Mac, we have a virtual machine available so you can run Windows and Office to do your assignments in this class. Please see the Help Page for more details.
Assignments in this class will be configured well ahead of time to give you plenty of time to work on them. I encourage working ahead!
- MyITLab required and bonus assignments are all available from the first day of class. Due dates are available on the assignments page as well as our Section Schedule.
- Homework assignments will be made available about 14 days or so before they are due. Due dates will be available on the assignments page as well as our Section Schedule.
- Participation assignments are usually pretty quick assignments and will be available for only a few days. Due dates will be available on the assignments page as well as our Section Schedule.
- Each of our three exams will be available only on the day they are shown on our Section Schedule.
You can expect to look for your grades according to these guidelines:
- I generally grade HW assignments and Exams within two days after the due date. You should see your grades and feedback posted by then.
- I will update Participation grades usually after two or three have been due. I generally don't give feedback on these, you will just see your grade adjusted if you did the assignment(s).
- MyITLab grades are computed automatically. The course coordinator will import these into the CS101 gradebook periodically throughout the semester, usually after each assignment is due, if we have data available from the MyITLab team.
- Grades and detailed feedback are posted to the CS101 View Grades page. You should review grades as soon as they are posted. Grades may be appealed within 7 calendar days of when they are posted, except for any assignments at the very end of the semester. After this time, grades are final. All grades for MyITLab Bonus Projects are final and may not be appealed.
If you haven't already done so, please claim your WVU Login account so that you can use CS101 computers and the course website.
CS101 does not use eCampus. Please be sure to check your MIX e-mail and visit the CS101 website on a daily basis.
Our online section also does not use the attendance system.
What should you be up to on the first day of class? Here's what I suggest:
- Explore the CS101 website and your instructor's section. All of your assignments will be located here.
- Pick up the course textbook and MyIT access code. Information is on the Course Materials and Technology Requirements page.
- Check out the Start Here page to get an overview of what you need to know to be a successful student.
- We want to learn about you and what you hope to gain from taking CS101.
That should be a good start! For now - start to explore. Let me know if you have any questions.