Welcome to the website for CS101 Section 7D2. This is an online course section.
You should plan to check your MIX e-mail account and visit this webpage daily to remain up-to-date on important information in the course.
New to the course?
Our 5th homework assignment is now posted, for those who would like to work ahead.
HW #4 is now available. Since this is the first Access assignment and most people find Access to be the most difficult part of this course, I strongly advise starting on it early.
The day before class started, I sent everyone an email with subject "CS101 - Required: Information Requests". This email contained two survey requests, the second of which is required to be completed to see your grades and take exams. If you have not taken this required survey yet, please do so as soon as possible. Until you do, there will be a hold on your CS101 account and you won't be able to see your grades or get a passing grade for the course.
Assignments in this class will be configured well ahead of time to give you plenty of time to work on them. I encourage working ahead!
- MyLab required and bonus assignments are all available from the first day of class. Due dates are available on the assignments page as well as our Section Schedule.
- Homework assignments will be made available when each application section opens (ex: Excel). Due dates will be available on the assignments page as well as our Section Schedule.
- Participation assignments are usually pretty quick assignments and will be available for only a few days. See the assignments page for these.
- Each of our three exams will be available only on the day they are shown on our Section Schedule.
You can expect to look for your grades according to these guidelines:
- I generally grade HW assignments and Exams within two days after the due date. You should see your grades and feedback posted by then.
- I will update Participation grades usually after two or three have been due. I don't give feedback on these, you will just see your grade adjusted if you did the assignment(s).
- MyLab grades are computed automatically. The course coordinator will import these into the CS101 gradebook periodically throughout the semester, usually after each assignment is due, if we have data available from the MyLab team.
- Grades and detailed feedback are posted to the CS101 View Grades page. You should review grades as soon as they are posted. Grades may be appealed within 7 calendar days of when they are posted, except for any assignments at the very end of the semester. After this time, grades are final. All grades for MyLab Bonus Projects are final and may not be appealed.