When in class or Open Lab, please:
- Be attentive. Do not use lab computers for non-CS101 work.
- Do not complete assignments unless allowed by your instructor.
- Do not be late to arrive or early to leave.
- Do not converse with others, play music or sounds, or otherwise be disruptive.
- Do not eat, drink, chew gum, use chewing tobacco or read newspapers.
- Do not use cell phones. Set them to vibrate or turn them off to avoid interrupting others.
- Do not use headphones or anything that may prevent you from hearing the staff.
- Avoid damaging equipment and furniture.
- Do not leave computers logged in and unattended. You are responsible for any actions taken in your user account.
When using online aspects of the course or sending e-mails:
- Send e-mail from your MIX account only.
- Use a descriptive subject line. Don't reply to a previous unrelated message.
- List your name and section.
- Write in clear, concise sentences so you can easily be understood.
- Be specific. If you're writing about Homework #3, specifically say "Homework #3" in your message.
- Do not type in ALL CAPS as this is interpreted as shouting.
- Avoid dominating the conversation if in a group setting.
- Refrain from inappropriate or derogatory language or gestures.
- Abstain from personal attacks.
- Keep your grades private. It is inappropriate to discuss them in a public forum.
- Act in a professional, courteous manner.
The above actions disturb other students and are disrespectful to course staff. Violations may result removal from the classroom, Open Lab, or course activities. They also may result in credit for in-class Participation Projects being revoked.