Welcome to the website for CS101 Section 7D1. This is an online course section for students enrolled at the WVU main campus in Morgantown.
You should plan to check your MIX e-mail account and visit this webpage daily to remain up-to-date on important information in the course.
New to the course?
Homeworks 4 and 5 are the hardest ones of the semester. If you haven't started on them yet, please do so as soon as possible.
I just released all remaining participation projects and the last HW assignment. You could essentially finish the entire course now except for the two remaining exams. No additional changes were made to due dates. Please feel free to work ahead. Grades for HW assignments will still only be posted after the due date but you will find that working ahead on Participation Projects will mean getting grades earlier than scheduled on those. I will update them every few days in the gradebook.
Exam #2 will now be given from Monday through Wednesday (April 13-15).
Also, due to the circumstances we are all living through at the moment, the remaining two exams (Exam #2 and the Final Exam) will be able to be taken on your own. There is no Open Lab to visit and the proctor requirement is being dropped for everyone.
Please everyone pay careful attention to exam time limits and other academic integrity rules! Note it is very easy to detect if you have exceeded time limits on an exam. If you do, your file will not be accepted for credit. When you create your exam file, the time begins. You should then work continuously on your file (ex: for up to 50 minutes for exam 2 or 2 hours for the final exam), save it when you're finished and then submit it.
I will be emailing exam instructions to everyone probably the day before each exam period begins.
Our 5th homework assignment is now posted, for those who would like to work ahead.
The due dates for the following assignments/exam have all been pushed out by one week: HW #4, HW #5, MyLab Lesson E, Exam #2.
The section schedule and assignments pages now reflect the updated due dates.
Assignments in this class will be configured well ahead of time to give you plenty of time to work on them. I encourage working ahead!
- MyLab required and bonus assignments are all available from the first day of class. Due dates are available on the assignments page as well as our Section Schedule.
- Homework assignments will be made available about 2-3 weeks before they are due. Due dates will be available on the assignments page as well as our Section Schedule. Note these assignment all have a Help video associated with them, to make working through the assignment easier.
- Participation Projects will be made available about 5-7 days before they are due. Due dates will be available on the assignments page as well as our Section Schedule. Note these assignment all have a Help video associated with them, to make working through the assignment much easier.
- Each of our three exams will be available only on the days they are shown on our Section Schedule, however, each will have an exam review video published about a week before the exam.
You can expect to look for your grades according to these guidelines:
- I generally grade HW assignments and Exams within two days after the due date. You should see your grades and feedback posted by then.
- I will update Participation grades usually after two or three have been due. I don't give feedback on these, you will just see your grade adjusted if you did the assignment(s).
- MyLab grades are computed automatically. The course coordinator will import these into the CS101 gradebook periodically throughout the semester, usually after each assignment is due, if we have data available from the MyLab team.
- Grades and detailed feedback are posted to the CS101 View Grades page. You should review grades as soon as they are posted. Grades may be appealed within 7 calendar days of when they are posted, except for any assignments at the very end of the semester. After this time, grades are final. All grades for MyLab Bonus Projects are final and may not be appealed.